W.C. Handy Park 1974/2017
1974 photograph - Library of Congress, Prints & Photographs
Division, Historic American Building Survey, item tn0176.
2017 photograph by Tim Doyle.
W.C. Handy Park, also called Handy Park, was created on Beale
in 1931. The bronze statue of the “Father of the Blues” was erected
in 1960. As of 2019,a redesign of the park is in the planning stage.